Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Birthday card with a Gnome

I hope you are having a great week so far!
Today I made a birthday card using the You Gnome Me Stamp set from My Favorite Things.
I had the Less is More Challenge with the colour theme: Green & Blue also in mind.


To start off I stamped the Dots from My Favorite Things on the card base using Distress inks in blue and green after I sprayed some water on the stamp. The gnome was stamped on a water color paper and colored using Zig brush pens. I added a layer of green vellum on the card base to soften the background image on which I silver heat embossed the scripty happy from SSS. I then cut a circle with birthday sentiment using my Cricut. This sentiment is from the Cricut online store. I blended Mermaid Lagoon and Twisted Citron Distress ink on the sentiment piece. After I mounted all the elements, I added Wedding dress Pico Embellisher on the beard and some dots on the pot using Robin's Egg Liquid Pearl.

Challenges:


Thank you all for visiting my blog today!
Have a nice day! 


13 comments:

  1. oh how lovely, i like hte colours and that birthday cut out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaw, I love this cute guy! And the background you created is amazing!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just soooooooooooooo cute

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card, TaeEun! I love how you played with this color combo, and how you colored the Gnome with your Zig brush pens! Awesome design, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a super cute and imaginative card. Great use of the colour combo and thanks so much for playing along this week!
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Gnome, he's so cute. Great design as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card TaeEun,love the cute gnome too ☺ Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card TaeEun,love the cute gnome too ☺ Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really tardy in visiting this week TaeEun
    This is super cute!
    Thanks so much for joining us.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable, colourful gnome!
    Thank you for joining us.
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderfully executed card. Love this little gnome and super attention to detail.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Less is More and ATSM, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card, love all the elements and colors, thanks for joining us t ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the element combine to make such a special birthday card!
    Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!